9 Reasons Why You Should Buy A Home or Lot with Water Access
Here are nine compelling reasons why waterfront land is often considered one of the best investments:
1. Scenic Beauty and Lifestyle: Waterfront properties offer breathtaking views and a tranquil atmosphere. They provide an exceptional quality of life and can serve as a personal retreat or vacation destination.
2. Limited Supply: There is a finite amount of waterfront land available, which makes it a scarce resource. Limited supply often leads to increased demand and potential for long-term appreciation in value.
3. Strong Demand: Waterfront properties are in high demand due to their unique appeal. People are drawn to the beauty and recreational opportunities that our gorgeous ocean, sound, creeks, and intracoastal waterways have to offer.
4. Recreation and Entertainment:
Waterfront and water access land allows for a wide range of recreational activities, such as boating, fishing, swimming, kayaking, paddle boarding, jet skiing, and surfing. This versatility can attract renters and buyers, providing income potential.
5. Potential for Vacation Rentals:
Waterfront properties are popular choices for vacation rentals, offering owners the opportunity to generate rental income during peak seasons while enjoying personal use during off-peak times.
6. Historical Appreciation:
Historically, waterfront and water access properties, along with properties with deeded water rights, have shown strong appreciation over time. While the real estate market can fluctuate, the above mentioned tend to hold or increase their values.
7. Privacy and Exclusivity:
Waterfront properties often provide a sense of privacy and exclusivity, which can be appealing to high-net-worth individuals seeking a retreat from the hustle and bustle of city life.
(Or if you REALLY want privacy, check out this Homestead Hideaway- 20 acres across from Game Lands!)
8. Resilience to Economic Downturns:
Waterfront and water access and properties with deeded water rights tend to be more resilient during economic downturns compared to other real estate investments. People continue to value waterfront living, even in challenging economic times.
9. Psychological Benefits:
Waterfront living can have positive psychological effects. The calming effect of water and the associated recreational opportunities can contribute to well-being, making it a sought-after investment.